OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can I change my mind n continue with my pregnancy after

Customer Question
Can I change my...

Can I change my mind n continue with my pregnancy after taking the first pill,will it have any abnormalities in the feotus..please suggest..

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have hypothyroid from past 6 years, take 75 mg regularly,apart from this nothing else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/27/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I believe you are asking about whether or not you can continue your pregnancy after taking the first pill? If that is the case then the answer is YES you can continue with the pregnancy PROVIDED you dont miscarry after the first pill. If you dont start to bleeding or develop abdominal cramps/pain within 48 hours after using the first pill then you can safely continue with your pregnant WITHOUT affecting the fetus. The reason for this is because abortion pills whether they are mifepristone or misoprostol, have an all or nothing effect which means that either they cause an abortion or they dont. There is NO inbetween effect on the fetus itself, if you dont miscarry then the fetus will NOT be effected by the pill and your baby will NOT develop any congenital abnormalities at all.

So basically if you dont start to bleed after the first pill then you can continue with the pregnancy safely.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor