OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I ALWAYS get my period on the first of every month, but this…

Customer Question
I ALWAYS get my period...
I ALWAYS get my period on the first of every month, but this month I got it on September 12th. Since I was late, I took a PT on the 9th and it came out negative, but my period went off on the 16th. From the 18th to the 20th I experienced light spotting. Since the 20th I've been experiencing light cramping everyday. Could I be pregnant?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

A pregnancy test after 9 days of missing the periods is very accurate and you can trust the negative result. Your spotting and delay in the periods are likely to be due to a mild increase in stress and anxiety. This is not concerning if this is occurring only this month. However, if this continues even next month then you should consult your doctor for further tests.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Dear customer,
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & the effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor