OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had protected sex with condom during ejaculation but…

Customer Question
I have had protected sex...
I have had protected sex with condom during ejaculation but it happened that there was penetration without condom for a couple of minutes then we used condoms and ejaculation happened inside the condom. I am a little bit worried that I might get pregnant. I have the morning after pill but I don't know whether to take it and withstand the side effects or it won't really be of help because anyway i had protected sex? I am expecting my period within 5 days so I don't really know it will be of any use because ovulation already has taken place. I am also worried about the side effects i could get. Is it mild? i heard it is like taking 15 pills at the same time. It could lead to awful side effects I believe.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/25/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Chance of pregnancy is extremely low;

1) As your ovulation has occurred more than 7 days ago.

2) There was no ejaculation.

So there is no need of Plan B.

The side effects are significant as this is very high dose of hormones.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

There was ejaculation but in the condom and before ejaculation there was penetration for a couple of minutes without ejaculation. My last period was on the 6th of september and it lasted for 5 days till the 10th according to the calendar my fertile days were (11,12,13,14,15) and it says i should be expecting my period around the 30th of September.

Just a penetration is unlikely to cause pregnancy, especially during this period cycle.

The risk of pregnancy is less than 0.25%.

So if you want to cover that, you may take Plan B. Otherwise it is not needed.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.