OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am unconfortable asking you this but I seem to have

My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I am unconfortable asking you this but I seem to have swelling on my libia minora that sometimes releases puss it is so gross. I was reading on it it sounds like a bartholin cyst but I am nervous to go to the doctor

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

The swelling is on my right libia minora and it is uncomfortable walking and such.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 31 years old and at this time I am not sexually active

9/25/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

There were no injuries. I think the swelling has been here for a couple of days. A few weeks ago I had a pus and blod discharge on toilet paper and that really was odd.

I am sorry, I cannot phone you. I am writing you the answer.

This can be infected Bartholin cyst, which may need a course of antibiotic or minor surgical drainage, which is outpatient procedure.

Any pus warrant an evaluation as it denote infection and will require antibiotic.

You may meanwhile sit is warm tub of water and put some Betadine in the water which is antibacterial.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

That is fine. I was just worried as my doctor's appointment is in 3 weeks and I have to deal with this till then.

You need an earlier appointment.

Or you may consider going to an urgent care clinic.

It is privilege assisting you.

Ok. I just feel uncomfortable going to GYN I don't know. Thank you for the Bertadine suggestion. I will go to Walgreens now to purchase it.How much do I owe?

You need to rate this interaction for the payment.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl