OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive just recently entered a new relationship, and i always…

Ive just recently entered a...
Ive just recently entered a new relationship, and i always use the restroom right after we get intimate. but for the past few days my vulva (from my clit down to my vagina) has been kinda red, a little itchy, and painful when touched. im ashamed to say that we havent been usuing condoms, but we're both STD free, and ive never really had problems like this before. theres no blisters, warts, unusually coloured discharge, or otherwise obvious warning signs of an STI, but its very uncomfortable and i dont know what to do. what do you think?
9/25/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

From what you've told me the only thing this could be would be a yeast infection even with no significant discharge

I suggest using either Monistat or Lamisil along with oral probiotics and that should clear it up

If it doesn't, you might need prescription oral Diflucan from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

thank you so much! ill try it out right away :)

My pleasure Maya

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Id be happy to!

Call on me anytime