OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just have a question I was on the depo shot I haven't had…

Customer Question
I just have a question...
I just have a question I was on the depo shot I haven't had a shot since December today I had a very dark red blood clot and then some lighter red blood after it with lower back pain and leg and stomach cramping what could it be
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/23/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that the absence of the depo shot is causing an hormonal imbalance which is leading the abnormal bleeding. This would be managed with the help of a clinical examination and also with the help of a hormonal panel which should be able to diagnose if this is the case. Usually this is a common issue which can occur after using deposhots and usually would subside on its own however sometimes medications can be needed to correct the imbalance./

Now the next thing which comes to mind is that you could have developed an issue like an infection of the region which can cause this sort of bleeding. This would be diagnosed on a pelvic examination and also with the help of a ultrasound and swab tests. The treatment is with antibiotics and also with the help of anti fungal if necessary.

I would suggest that you DO get evaluated and get treated for either of the above coditions.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/