OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 14 1/2 week pregnant. I have experienced a little bit…

Customer Question
I am 14 1/2...

I am 14 1/2 week pregnant. I have experienced a little bit of spotting in my first trimester (brown blood). Now Im in my 2nd trimester and last night I had bright red blood. More than spotting. Like I started my period. No tissue or clumps in it. I wore a pad and it later didn't have much on it. It seemed to be just the initial blood. Should I be worried? Side Note: Im 34, had an IUI to become pregnant. Have endometriosis.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain. I feel like i have a little bit of end pain on my left side, but Ive always felt that Periods are very regular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a laparoscopy 9/11/14. Thats all...

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 9 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

Based on what you're telling me, I do think you need to call your doc. Chances are this bleeding is nothing to worry about, but I do recommend going in to check fetal heart tones and an ultrasound to make sure everything is all right. It sounds like you had a little gush of blood that has since stopped, but again, with any bleeding at all in pregnancy I typically tell my patients to come in and let me check on the baby. It will also help you sleep better this weekend if you know everything is ok!

Are there any other Qs I can answer for you? Please leave a rating by clicking on the stars above. Good luck to you and hang in there!