OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I feel like im having pregnancy symptoms. i have the

Customer Question
I feel like im...

I feel like im having pregnancy symptoms. i have the nexplanon in my arm so i thought maybe it could be that. I took a pregnancy test two nights ago but i t was negative. Ive had an increased appetite, cramping and my nipples have been very senssitive. i dont want to go to a doctor because im broke so ive been searching different things

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Well i just got treated for gonnareha and chlamydia. I did the antibiotics last week and i got the penicilin shot yesterday. But i smoke cigerettes and i drank a couple nights ago so imm not very healthy. I took tylonal for the cramps but still have the other symptoms. and ive noticed the past few days that ill get nauceous

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

I've got good news for you - the Nexplanon is 99.97% effective at preventing pregnancy. It's even more effective than having your tubes tied! So between you having the Nexplanon and a negative pregnancy test, I feel pretty confident saying that you are NOT pregnant.

That being said, the Nexplanon works by releasing hormones thoughout your body. The symptoms that you are describing (increased appetite, cramping, nausea and nipple sensitivity) can certainly be side effect of the hormone being released by the Nexplanon. If you were sitting in front of me in the office I would tell you that you are experiencing side effects of the Nexplanon, and you are not pregnant! By the way the best medicine for cramps or breast pain is Advil or Motrin, not Tylenol, so give that a shot if you're still in pain.

Any more Qs I can answer?

Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN