OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a hard time getting off during sex with my ol man.

I have a hard...

I have a hard time getting off during sex with my ol man. What can help with that

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes it is. I'm in pretty good health don't get sick a lot I do smoke but not over weight and have a good diet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had severe dysplasia when I had my son 14 years ago but the just went in a cut it out of my cervix and nothing since. I have a hard time with pregnancy can't hold them in for some reason but other than that nothing

9/22/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Were any investigations done for it?

Do you not have libido or orgasm or both?

My age is 39. Be 40 in 5 weeks.
I do not have orgasams. I try it just hard

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Thanks

The causes to look for Orgasm inability are;

1) Low thyroid (hypothyroidism)

2) Diabetes (if you have family history)

3) Monotony or boredom

4) Depression or anxiety disorder

5) Hormonal

6) Psychological

Bupropion has emerged as a treatment for female orgasmic disorder. Some physician also use Viagra. Both of these are not approved by FDA for female orgasmic disorders but have good results in research studies. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for anorgasmia focuses on promoting changes in sexually relevant thoughts. The underlying assumption of CBT-based interventions is that orgasmic ability and satisfaction can be increased by reducing sex-associated cognitive distortions. You may need to consult a urologist, sex therapist and gynecologist for the assessment. Following are suggested by the sex therapists;

1) Kegel exercises for the pelvic floor.

2) Relaxation techniques,

3) Sexual exploration,

4) Improving sexual communication.

Changes in the vaginal and clitoral tissues due to estrogen deficiency is suppose to have a effect on sexual sensation. These changes can result in absent orgasm due to decreased sensations or diminished peak of orgasm. The other reasons for the problem is female androgens. Androgen production many times is responsible for these symptoms and an estimation of serum concentrations of testosterone, free testosterone, or androstenedione may point to the problem. There are contractions of 8-10 muscles of pelvic floor. These contractions are inadequate in the women with estrogen and androgen deficiency and thus the decreased sensation or lack / inadequacy of climax. With the proper hormonal treatment this should be correctable. Pelvic floor exercises, biofeedback, electrical stimulation of the pelvic floor also are helpful.

The treatment is done on the following main lines;

1) individual or couples psychotherapy/sex therapy,

2) hormone therapy (exogenous testosterone replacement and or estrogen and progesterone addition)

or

3) tibolone, a synthetic selective estrogen and androgen modulator

The other modalities too are tried like;

1) Cognitive behavioral therapy

2) Use of fantasy

3) Mechanical devices; The only device that has been approved by the FDA for female sexual dysfunction (including arousal and orgasmic disorders) is the EROS-CTD (Clitoral Therapy Device; UroMetrics, Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota). This is a small vacuum device designed to increase clitoral engorgement and ability to reach orgasm.

4) Medications commonly used for men with erectile problems, like sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), or vardenafil (Levitra), is tried in those cases, in which above measures are not successful.

5) Bupropion has emerged as an alternative treatment for female orgasmic disorder.

Please read this excellent resource for the further details;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/female-sexual-dysfunction/DS00701

Following also may be considered;

Zestra; A small, placebo-controlled trial published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy in 2003 showed that when used as a genital massage oil, this proprietary blend of botanicals (including borage seed and evening primrose oils, Angelica root and vitamins C and E) provided a statistically significant increase in arousal, desire, genital stimulation, ability to orgasm, and pleasure.

ArginMax; In a double blind study found the nutritional supplement ArginMax increased sexual desire and satisfaction in more than twice the number of women taking placebo. The research was published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy in 2001.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the information. One more thing I was told that breaking opening a vitamin e capsule and rubbing the oil in your vagina will help.
Is that true?

You are very welcome.

This may help in about 5% women.

No harm in trying it.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
No that is all of my questions. Thank you very much for all of the information and help.

You are most welcome.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor