OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm a 18 year old female, I have been sexually active but…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm a 18 year...
Hi, I'm a 18 year old female, I have been sexually active but not for almost a year and I recently got my wisdom teeth taken out. The antibiotics I was on gave me the worst yeast infection I've ever had. Now that my antibiotics are over I noticed the skin on the inside of my lips is peeling off, some leaving small raw patches that have actually bled a bit... Could this be from my yeast infection or should I be heading to doctors for tests?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you mean inside of labia skin peeling off?

What did you take for yeast infection?

the labia and nothing, I just made sure I ate a lot of yogurt and kefir... I'm not completely sure its gone, there is still slight itching

This is likely due to be yeast infection. You may apply over the counter Monistat cream and take Probiotics supplements.

Theses measures are likely take care of it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor