OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had an appointment today with my GYN and it was canceled…

Customer Question
I had an appointment...

I had an appointment today with my GYN and it was canceled because he was sick. Now I'm left worrying about what's going on till my next appointment... it started out had this really painful rash that is now drying up but I have this really bad bruising and itching all over my body at times... any help?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain/rash started 10 days ago. The pain got worse if anything at all touched it. Now it just occasionally itches. I did have a swollen lymph node has well but it went away 2 days ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a pap smear 4 days before the these symptoms showed up. I've also had nausea over the past 2 months.. not sure if it's related in any way.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

No we can not diagnose you or replace a doctors visit.

Your description is a bit confusing.

If the rash is all over your body, why see an OB?

Please let me know.

The rash is only on the labia majora. Now that the pain has gone I'm experiencing general itching all over my body. I'm not sure if it's related or not.

OK

What does the rash look like or do you have a picture

This is what it looked like at the very beginning.

This looks like a herpetic rash.

A herpes rash typically starts as painful blisters, then breaks open in to small ulcerations as I see here.

You can probably still have one of those swabbed for diagnosis, which an urgent care could do.

It is better to diagnose off of an actual outbreak rather than a blood test.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

He should push for better pain control.

Waiting for the rest is not a problem.

But the pain is.

I would take him back in.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.