OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 32 and just got my results from an ultrasound. My

Customer Question
Hi I'm 32 and...

Hi I'm 32 and just got my results from an ultrasound. My results: The endometrial stripe measures 14 mm transvaginally. The cervix demonstrates a suggestion of some endometrial thickening isolated to this vicinity measuring up to 20 mm. What does this mean? I have a history of extremely painful and heavy periods, with light bleeding in between cyles.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Not really

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a strain of HPV about 10 years ago but it cleared

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What dis your doctor tell you about this?

How long will it take to answer?

Did you see my question above?

What question? About the call? I don't want to talk. I'm at work.

No, that was site automation.

Did you see the question I asked about your doctor?

I have not seen my Dr. yet. I got to access my results through my online profile

OK. I was worried that you were not seeing my posts.

The basic issues is a thickened endometrial lining.

This is common in a condition called adenomyosis.

It is when the endometrium grows into the muscular wall of the uterus and will cause heavy periods.

It is not a life threatening condition.

Here is some information from the mayo clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/adenomyosis/basics/definition/con-20024740

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please also click a 5 on the rating scale. This gives me maximal credit with just answer, costs you nothing, but sees that I am credited and paid. I will be here for any follow up question. Thanks.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician