OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have tiny bumps around the "hood" above the clitoris, it…

Customer Question
I have tiny bumps...

I have tiny bumps around the "hood" above the clitoris, it looks as if its clogged pores? Tried popping one like a pimple and BIG mistake. Very painful and started to bleed.... I have had HSV2 for years and know That's not what this is... T.I.A

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I've had the pain since trying to mess with it... Touching it is very painful

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Before you pop any more, do you have a picture of the area either before or now?

If you aren't comfortable uploading images then please describe what the area looked like and what the "bumps" looked like in detail.

The open sore is the one I "popped" or basically scraped off the tiny little bumps around the area is what it was before.. I have OCPD, and if I have a bump Anywhere on my body I obsessively pick myself to pieces.

Ouch, that looks like a painful one.

The good news is that those are fordyce spots and not pathologic bumps. They aren't infections or STD's or anything of that sort. They will be present from time to time, then resolve, then reappear.

Awesome!! Didn't think it was std related (not sexually active) I'm more scared of skin infections, or cancers.. Super paranoid. Thank you so so much for this momentary peace of mind!!!

No, not at all a cancer or skin infection, thankfully nothing like that on that image.

Anytime. Before tearing up your skin next time please ask me :)

Please click on "Rating" when ready.

If you have further questions please let me know.