OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was treated for chlamydia Sept 5th (did not know I had it…

Customer Question
Hi. I was...

Hi. I was treated for chlamydia Sept 5th (did not know I had it for a month) and missed my period Sept 15th. I have not had any type of intercourse since mid July, can there be a chance that the treatment caused a delay?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are your periods regular?

Weight changes?

Mood swings?

When was your last menstrual period?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

I am 21. I have regular period every 15th of the month. Slight moods swings that I have noticed lately, my last menstrual was August 15th to 17th

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, while antibiotics wouldn't cause a missed period, the stress of being ill on the body can lead to missed period.

As such there can be a other variety of causes of missed period like hormonal imbalance, weight gain, weight loss,PCOD,thyroid dysfunction.

So if you'll not get period in next few days then see your gyn doctor and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce period and further investigations like ultrasound ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

How long does the chlamydia take to be out of the system with a 1 dose treatment of antibiotics?

The symptoms that are due to chlamydia will usually be much improved within 2-3 days after the treatment. However, it may take 5-7 days for the symptoms to completely resolve.

If symptoms persist beyond this period of time, then there should be consideration of whether there is a resistant form of the germ.

Single dose treatment is generally very effective, but it is not 100% effective; the overall success rate is ~97-98%. Therefore, persistent symptoms my indicate that another course of antibiotics is necessary.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

OB GYN Doctor: michaelj-cssm,
 replied 8 months ago
michaelj-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/ob-gyn/aotl7-treated-chlamydia-sept-5th-did-not-know.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

This question is on the Question List again.

Is there any further information that would be helpful.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor