OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm suffering from excessive wetness. I've had tests and am…

I'm suffering from excessive...

I'm suffering from excessive wetness. I've had tests and am negative for STDs or infections.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Last pap was about 6 months ago and all have been normal. When getting cultures for tests mentioned above doc said everything looked healthy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm hypo and my numbers increased from normal to 25 for my TSH. Doc upped my dosage about a week ago of synthroid but that's it. I have an IUD (3D one and this one is about 3 years old) and have never had children.

9/20/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

The wetness can be discharge from the Skene's glands. The Skene's glands are small glands on either side of the vagina whose main function is to secrete a clear watery discharge to lubricate the vagina during sexual intercourse. In most women, this discharge is minimal and not noticeable and is sufficient enough to just lubricate the vagina. Some women may get increased secretion from these glands suddenly.

The other condition to be considered is cervix erosion or ectropion. The cells of the mouth of the cervix undergoes certain changes (from squamous to columnar cells) and these cells can produce a large amount of clear discharge.

Please read the following resource:

http://health.allrefer.com/health/cervical-erosion-info.html

http://www.wdxcyber.com/dxcxl007.htm

Following treatment can be done for ectropion;

1) boric acid suppositories 600 mg vaginally at bedtime

2) cryocautery

3) electrocautery

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Would one of those conditions cause secretion even in non sexual circumstances too?

Ectropion causes more discharge even without sexual intercourse.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you so much

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor