OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am 45 my cycle is usually 25-26 days - and am having

I am 45 my...

I am 45 my cycle is usually 25-26 days - and am having period on day 17!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

In what way?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have no kids. I was told 7 years I had Adenomyosis

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having periods on day 17th (mid cycle bleeding),when your cycle is 25-26 days is most likely due to peri meopause.

Women normally go through perimenopause between ages 45 and 55.Menopause officially occurs when you have not had a period for one year. Before getting menaopsuse,irregularities /mid cycle bleeding in cycle are very common.

Your symptoms are suggestive of peri-menoapuse.

In the coming months,you may notice some more changes in your periods like irregularity or mid cycle bleeding or missed periods.These are normal changes of menstrual cycle before they completely stopped due to menopause.

So you may notice these & other changes for next few of your cycles.

There is nothing to worry or of concern here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

this would be co side red min. Y or and a period will be coming in 5 days or so? Also what are other signs of peri menopause?
Apologies - considered mid cycle ...

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,this is mid cycle bleeding & peri-menopause is the most probable & most likely cause of this.

Other symptoms of peri menopause are:

-Irregular periods, heavy or low menstruation

-Hot flashes

-Weight gain

-Moodiness

-Low/no sex drive

-Breast tenderness

-Vaginal dryness

-Night sweats

-Edema or water retention

-Depression

-Many more

One may have one or more then one symptoms.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
One last question: any thing you recommend to lessen severity of symptoms?

The treatment varies from estrogen and progesterone therapy,oral contraceptive pills,local (vaginal) hormone treatments,Antidepressant medications,plant estrogens (phytoestrogens, isoflavones.

Eat healthy & nurtrious.Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins. These are available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor