OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 18 days late on my period, I have taken about 7 home…

Customer Question
I am 18 days...

I am 18 days late on my period, I have taken about 7 home pregnancy test, all have came back negative. I am not trying to conceive and have used protection. Is it possible that I am pregnant?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No I am not in any pain. I was on birth control for a year and got off of it in January because I felt like I had mood swings with it. Ever since I got off of it, my period has been all over the place. But never this late.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am overweight.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/19/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

No,there is no chance of pregnancy here.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.

As you are 18 days late on your period & if you have your last pregnancy test done after 7-10 days of your expected date of your period-then this test is conclusive.

There can be other causes of delay/missed period.

Stress & anxiety is the most common cause of this.

So my best advise for you is to please wait &watch for the next cycle.

This is not due to pregnancy.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh