OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had vaginal itching for about 2 months. At first i am…

Customer Question
I have had vaginal...

I have had vaginal itching for about 2 months. At first i am sure it was a yeast infection but i treated it OTC and it stopped for a few days. But it started back. My PCP tested my urine and said no yeast infection. There is no odor at all but i get what looks like wet toilet paper betweeb my outer labia and clitoris. Also my betweeb my outer labia and clitoris itch constantly

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I had an irregular pap in march but my colposcopy in May came back fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im diabetic

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Yeast does not get a urine test.

It gets a swab of the discharge for the microscope and for the lab.

Have you had this done?

No, I havent

OK

Possibilities

yeast

other bacteria

hormonal problem

other skin disease

You need to see a doctor who will send a swab to the lab.

This can be gardenerella if not yeast.

Easily treatable if identified.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.