Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My last period was on the 15th of august. i've only had

hi my last period was on the 15th of august. i've only had protected intercourse since then. could i be pregnant?

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Are your periods regular?

When had you sex?

Any condom tear?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have had no symptoms as such and i am just a little worried. i have not taken pregnancy test yet.to answer your questions, i am 25 yo. i have a history of pcos but my periods were somewhat regular for past 6 months/. there were no visible tear as such.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,with protected sex,chances of pregnancy are very less likely if there is no tear in condom.

You are most likely safe and there is no need to worry.

You should do urine pregnancy test after a week from your missed period with a morning urine sample for a precautionary measure.

Other possible cause may include PCOS,hormonal imbalance.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i had sex on 25th, 26th august
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok great i will keep you updated as i do urine test
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should i be on a lookout for any symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i also have some more questions. i looked up online and saw that when women ovulate they see an egg white mucousy discharge which i remember i saw around 8th thru 10th of september. is it true?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Still chances of pregnancy are less with protected sex.

Nausea,bloating,lightheadedness can be early symptoms however they can confirm pregnancy.

As per your last menstrual period,your ovulation has occurred around 30th August.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but what could be the reason of not having any periods after ovulation besides pregnancy?

As such there can be a variety of causes of missed period like hormonal imbalance, weight gain, weight loss,PCOD,thyroid dysfunction,recent illness.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I still don't have an bleeding. Should I have had any symptoms except for a missed period by now?

You should wait for next 3 days.

If you wouldn't get period then do urine pregnancy test with morning urine sample.

If it 'll be negative then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay i tried urine test today and both came negative. i will do another one 3 days from now and see the results.

As we have initially discussed already that chances of pregnancy are very less likely so you can go for repeat testing for confirmation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sounds good thanks

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi Dr. Anil, I still wanted to keep in touch with you for few days. is it okay ?

We can continue our conversation even after you provide a positive rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi the test came out negative
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Did the test with the morning urine

So you are not pregnant.

And you shouldn't worry about it at all.

You should see your doctor and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce period and further investigations like ultrasound ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
my period is going to start tomorrow. i have some brown blood which i get before period. but i am still seeing a doctor today and see what she advises.

I wish for your good health.