OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I started having discharge probably a week ago, 9 days befor…

Customer Question
I started having brown...

I started having brown discharge probably a week ago, 9 days befor my period is due. (I should start in a couple of days) it stinks and has a lot of tissue in it and resembles mud. Is there something wrong with me?!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I track my period and sexual activity. I also take birth control to keep my hormones level since i was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ma'am

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 9 months ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Your symptoms are typical for a genital tract infection.

This could be an infection called bacterial vaginosis which is typically associated with foul smelling discharge.

However there could be a sexually transmitted infection present as well.

You should consult your doctor as all these infections are readily treatable with oral antibiotics

Your doctor might also take some tests before prescribing you an antibiotic.

I hope this answers your question.

Please do let me know if you have any questions

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

Please don't forget to rate this positively as this is the only way we experts are credited for our consultation.

You are not charged for giving a positive rating.Thank you