OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have redness just inside inner vaginal lips. Is there

Customer Question
Hi. I have redness just...
Hi. I have redness just inside inner vaginal lips. Is there anything I can use til I can get to the Dr? No discharge or anything like that. So I don't think it's an infection. Last week I helped my hubby pull a truck in his shop. I think there might have been fiberglass in said vehicle.since I sat in it i have been feeling this way.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Treatment, if it is a problem, must be based on diagnosis.

Diagnosis is dependent on exam.

if you just "use " something that you don't need, it might make matters worse.

If this were yeast, there are over the counter yeast treatments such as monostate, and these would not hurt, but you have to see if it is yeast, which is most common.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Thank you.

anytime

Please do not forget to click a 5 rating.

If you don't, I am not fully credited and paid.

Let me know if you can't find where to do this.

I will not have any money to get to the Dr til monday. So there is nothing I can use til then? Like I said. I don't think it's yeast. No discharge,itching. Skin irritation from fiberglass. Could I have gotten fiberglass in there and that is why it's red?

We do not treat on line here.

we answer questions.

Treatment depends on exam and diagnosis.

The safest over the counter product that is an all around product is rephresh, which is a vaginal probiotic. But "red spots" tell us nothing about what this is, and fungal infection can cause red spots, so can yeast.

Good luck.

I suggest urgent care, which is much cheaper than the ER.