OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

The first date of my last period was either 8/26 or 8/27/17,

Customer Question
The first date of...

The first date of my last period was either 8/26 or 8/27/17, I have been ttc since Sept 2. I didn't start taking Ovulation tests until September 8, I took one today and each day before and it said I am ovulating. If my egg is only released for 24 hours how am I still ovulating? When should I test for pregnancy?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a miscarriage in March and an irregular period until July. I took birth control from June to July

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

which test are you using?

they are not 100% accurate

I am using First response Ovulation Test.

Ok. These things are good but not 100% accurate

it detects a surge in your hormones during ovulation

Ok so can you answer my questions please? All I see is that you are asking me questions and I am paying 35$ for information I already know.
Hello??

which question?

when you should test for pregnancy?

please.

2-3 weeks from the date of presumed conception

sorry about the late reply

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor