OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I started me menstrul august 15-22 This month (September ) I…

Customer Question
I started me menstrul august...
I started me menstrul august 15-22
This month (September ) I have not stopped bleeding since the second.
I went to hospital 4days ago and they claim nothing is wrong.
should I be worried ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Any bleeding for more than seven days need following investigations;

1) Blood work for hormones.

2) Ultrasound for cervix, uterus and ovaries.

Following can be the causes;

1) Fibroid uterus

2) Uterine polyp

3) Endocervical polyp

4) Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism

5) Prolactin abnormalities

6) Endometrial hyperplasia

7) Other hormonal aberrations

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl