OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Iv recently just got a new partner a few months ago, and…

Customer Question
Hi, Iv recently just...

Hi, Iv recently just got a new partner a few months ago, and over the last few weeks it's been really hirting when I have sex. Iv also just noticed that parts of my vagina have gone white. It's like the opening but inside, it's just the tips of one side. At first I thought it was discharged but wouldn't go after a bath so I had a little look and they are white. Would you be able to help because Iv never had something like this and really scared, thankyou.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Over all I'm okay, recently Iv been having really bad cramps to the left side of my hip near my bladder, but just thought it was constipation but after tablets it's sort of got better so Iv just left it. But yeh this is the first Iv seen of it and not heard of anything like it so I'm a bit scared

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Iv had herpies once before but this is nothing like this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Have you ever had a gyn/OB exam?

Have you seen your doctor about this?

No I haven't, Iv been checked out before when I found out I had Herpes but Iv not been to a doctor after that. Iv not been to a doctor about this yet as I found this out like an hour ago and freaked out so I was looking to see what it is but I can't get any answers

Well we do not diagnose, or treat, or replace your doctors visit.

White stuff is usually yeast.

This is easily diagnosed by any doctor with exam and a swab for the microscope.

Enough inflammation from infection, from yeast or anything else, can cause pain, and this is most likely.

Of course, we can not examine you and this is an educated guess./

It does not sound like any STD or something serious.

HOwever, there is a condition called lichen sclerosis which can cause white patches of skin; this is treated with steroid.

So, you need an exam next.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

I don't have any irregular discharge, it is literally the opening of my vagina. It's like the skin has turned white, it looked like a burn I guess. Do you suggest I go to the doctors?

Yes I do.

Please look at my last answer.

I suggested an exam.

Lichen sclerosis can do this, and can be serious if not treated, but it is fully treatable.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

Okay thankyou!

Anytime

Any questions.

Please click a 5 on the scale at the top of the page.

This is the only way I get full credit and pay.

Thanks.