OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I already had my period this month and I started spotting…

Customer Question
I already had my...

I already had my period this month and I started spotting and 3 days later again and I have been having cramps

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have endometriosis and an IUD

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/17/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your question

Is it normal to spot in between periods for more than 4 days?
Are you still there?

Sorry, I sent the answer some time ago. Apparently it did not go through.

Here is is again.

No, but it is often not serious.

It can be a sign of

pregnancy

fibroids

endometriosis

hormone imbalance from any cause

liver problems

kidney problems

thyroid problems

infection

Lesion on the cervix.

It is a good reason to have an updated exam with your OB doctor.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed