Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I accidently took my birth control pill for Wednesday and

I accidently took my birth control pill for Wednesday and Thursday together on Wednesday. I then waited a day, letting Thursday pass without taking a pill to get back on track. I then continued taking my pills for Friday and Saturday as scheduled. I then had unprotected sex Saturday night. I wanted to know if I'm at risk for pregnancy or will I be okay even through I skipped a day to get back on track from accidently taking two.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes it is, and my health is good just a little over weight.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.

it depends on the time of your cycle. If you are in the first week, there would be a risk for pregnancy and you should take the morning-after pill. 2nd week would be no problem and you could go on taking the pill as usual. If it´s the 3rd week, I would recommend to skip the break, then protection will persist.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).

Thanks a lot, all the best for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be in the 3 week tomorrow (Sunday), when you say skip the break, do you mean skip the pills for the period and just continue a new pack (skipping my period for this month).

ok, so it was in the 2nd week that you skipped the pill. Then there´s definitely no risk for pregnancy at all and you can go on using your pill as usual.