OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was cleaning my bathtub with bleach and scrubbing bubbles.

Customer Question
I was cleaning my...

I was cleaning my bathtub with bleach and scrubbing bubbles. I forgot to rinse tub out and then shortly after filled it up and sat in the water. I burned the outside on my Laybia. It hurts and burns. What do I do to counteract the burning and is there a medication?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

For a day and a half. Burning comes and goes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Chip, General practice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any redness there?

Is there an over the counter medication or cream I could use
One suggestion was yogurt

OK

You've got a contact dermatitis/allergic problem there

You can use over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day along with oral benadryl or Claritin for three days and that should clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information