OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I take altervera but also use a condom today the condom

Customer Question
I take altervera but...

I take altervera but also use a condom today the condom broke will taking plan b interfere with the pill

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Overall health is fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't always take the pill the same time it is always within an hour or two of each other

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Yes you can take plan B while on the pill , no complications at all. Its perfectly safe and practical.

Hope your query is addressed.

Plz let me know if you have any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

Will it mess up my cycle because it has so much hormone. I had my period last week

Well as i said it will not ,its essential that you keep taking the pill and do not skip it after taking plan B. No complications should happen as regards ***** ***** cycles

By the way both work with same mechanism so if you havent missed any pills of late then no need of taking Plan B anyways

I have not missed any pills I just don't take it at the same time every night and the pill is not 100 percent accurate

Whatever you decide out of both the options, is safe. So just relax . You can take plan B ,no issues there. Try to take pills at same time though ,much more effective

Do you have any further queries?

I hope it was helpful.

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars on screen.

I wish you all the best.

Stay blessed