OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a hysterOscopy a few days ago...and I've been having…

Customer Question
I had a hysterOscopy...

I had a hysterOscopy a few days ago...and I've been having random very sharp pains in the area below my belly button...on the left side. Is this normal? It feels like a wound ripping open and then it burns and hurts

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Since Tuesday evening. Just sitting in place keeps pain away.of I get out of bed....out of car...off the couch...depending how I move my legs will either cause pain or nit

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No...good health they removed 1 polyp

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Sounds good....thank you
No to calling

Dear,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Well, it is normal to have mild pain/ spotting/ bleeding for a week, after this procedure.

This can last up to a week or more.

You can take regular painkillers such as Tylenol or Motrin.

These side effects are normal and nothing to worry about.

In case, pain is severe in nature, than it should be checked by doctor.

In your case, as pain is very sharp, it should be further checked by doctor. Your doctor would check for any infection/ inflammation at site.

Please don't delay and urgently get it clinically checked by your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor