OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just recently got a pap done. And my doctor wanted to do a…

Customer Question
I just recently got...

I just recently got a pap done. And my doctor wanted to do a biopsy on a skin tag I had in my vagina. I noticed said skin tag after looking at my vagina after having my daughter and seeing how my stitches were healing up. I've had this skin tag every since my stitches fell out. My doctor called with my results today and said it looked like hsv under the microscope and asked if I had ever been told I had herpes when I have not. I go back in on Monday for more testing on it. He asked me about some of the symptoms that would come along if I did have herpes and I told him no I haven't have no signs. What are the chances that I do have herpes?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Amazing! I hardly ever get sick! Only issue I have is I'm cold all the time but I've always been cold all the time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Herpes Simplex Virus 1 /HSV1 or oral herpes virus is a common virus which infects a lot of people without causing too many problems.It is the HSV2 or genital herpes virus 2 which causes serious problems.The chances of you having HSV1 are high while those of HSV2 would be low.On the whole ,it would not cause much of a problem,even if HSV 1 is positive.It would be prudent to be tested for HSV 1and 2 .

Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor