OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ive recently started having sex again and my partner has a…

Ive recently started having sex...
Ive recently started having sex again and my partner has a large penis. I noticed a couple of days ago that I was bleeding very lightly and only noticed it when i wiped after I pee'd. However today after having sexy with him last night, I noticed a lot more blood than I had previously. I looked it up online and the answers are scaring me. Everyone tells me to go see a obgyn immediately but Im away at the moment and will only have access to one in a few days. Should I be rushing to go to one? Am I in serious medical trouble?
9/15/2017
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer.I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer or a question for you in a moment

Thank you for your patience.

I am also on birth control and I read thatcan affect my body too?

Okay so there are multiple causes of post coital bleeding (bleeding after sex)

It can be due to many benign or harmless conditions like cervical or vaginal trauma during sex,cervical or endometrial polyps and many others.

In rare cases it can be due to a serious condition.

So woman who are taking birth control pills are at risk of developing a benign non malignant condition called cervical ectropion,which also leads to bleeding after sex.

A vaginal examination is necessary for you to find out the exact cause but there is no emergency.You can wait and see an obgyn when you come back.

Most likely it's a benign condition so you should not be worried at all

I hope this helps

Do let me know if you have any questions

Thank you

Do let me know if you have any questions.

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

Should i stop having sex? Or give myself a few days to relax?
Or is there anything i should do to treat the situation or just time for the moment?

No you can have sex.

You can wait when you come back then see an obgyn.

If you bleed again after sex then you should relax for a few days.

You bled twice right?

No you do not need any medications at the moment.

the first time was a couple of days ago and i only noticed it when i wiped. That happened a couple of times within a spanse of 24 hours? Then it stopped. This time today it was heavier because i noticed it when i pee'd and when i wiped. Hence why im a lot more worried about it now. I have no pain other than when i pee i feel a little bit of pressure at the end.

Okay these symptoms seem to be due to vaginal or cervical trauma during sex.Very oftenly sex can lead to vaginal and cervical injury that heals on its own.

You should refrain from sex for 2 to 3 days to allow this to heal.

When you come back your ob gyn would do urinalysis to rule out an infection and would perform a complete examination.

Considering your history this is most likely due to a minor trauma or injury as a result of sex

medicaldoctor
Ok awesome thank you!

You are most welcome

It's a pleasure to consult you.

Thank you.