OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am on Combipatch made by Noven. It is 0.05-0.14 mg. I

Customer Question
I am on Combipatch...

I am on Combipatch made by Noven. It is 0.05-0.14 mg. I started it because I could not stand the hot flashes, loss of sleep and just feeling crappy. I do not have a uterus and I am 59 yrs. old. My mother and daughter had breast cancer which concerned me about taking this. I have to admit I feel sooo much better. I want to know if I can cut it in half and slowly over time wean myself off. Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

In April all is fine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am pretty healthy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/15/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Eric Goldstein

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

I certainly understand your concern, especially considering your family history. You absolutely can cut the dosage in half. That option is always available. After doing so, you can see how your body responds. If you are still feeling so good, then great. If not, you can revisit the dosing and make a decision at that point. But for now, by all means, cut the dose.