OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Slight discomfort in lower back. Small amounts of urine

Customer Question
being passed frequently. Discomfort in...
Slight discomfort in lower back. Small amounts of urine being passed frequently. Discomfort in lower left abdomen. Not releasing full bowels (small hard stools). Pelvic area feels a bit of pressure. No direct pain from pressing on any area. Rash on back & neck. Any ideas what this could be?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have burning sensation and pain during urination?

Is urine cloudy,foul smelled?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Nausea,vomiting,fever?

Are you taking any medications?

Bloating and flatulence?

Any medical history?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Hi, thank you for your willingness to help. Mild burning during urination. Urine has no odor and is clear, very light yellow. No fever, no nausea or vomiting. Discomfort for about a week and 1/2. I take only Synthroid for thyroid. I'm thin 5'6 125 lbs. Very minor bloating. A bit of gas but not out of the ordinary. I eat very clean with limited preservatives/fat. I forgot to mention that yesterday I was working from home and my feet did swell a bit. Not a crazy amount just a bit. I have a history of a unicornuate uterus. Recent labs suggest possible menopausal symptoms (period came 2 weeks early) FSH 40.2, LH 28.7, Estradiol 70. I had ablation for a fast heart rate (PSVT) about 15 years ago. While sitting here the pain seems lower left abdomen almost near the pocket of your leg/abdomen just slightly higher. Constipation has been occurring in the last few months. Rash has worsened. Labs from a couple of weeks ago showed clear urine culture. I went to a new GYN who did an internal and the cervix was sore.
I should mention that I am highly allergic to many foods and medications, so I am doing my best to avoid going that route since my mouth swells very fast.
9/3 labs: CBS/Diff - WBC 4.3 RBC 4.64HGb 14.7.
Prot - Neg, Spgr 1.02, ph 6.0, Urob 1.0, Nit - neg, WBCEst*small (neg) , WBC *6-10, RBC*3-5 Epi-Occ (many/hpf) Bact*1 menses Y
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

I am a new expert.

Your symptoms need further evaluation like ultrasound and a CT scan of abdomen.

This may be;

1) Chronic salpingo-oophoritis

2) Diverticulitis

3) Levator ani syndrome.

One of other reason of this kind of pain is pelvic floor problems and weakness. Several organic and functional disorders of the urinary bladder, reproductive tract, anorectum, and the pelvic floor musculature cause pelvic pain and back pain. One of the cause to be considered for your pain is levator ani syndrome. Ask your physician to consider this entity and get the following investigations also if ultrasound and CT scan are normal;

1) defecography,

2) pelvic MRI

3) nerve-conducting velocities and needle-electromyographic studies are used to help evaluate compression or entrapment neuropathy and pelvic floor function.

The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles

Please read about this on this resource;

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch020/ch020g.html

Pelvic congestion syndrome, Pelvic floor relaxation disorders, Pelvic floor dysfunction too need to be considered for the pain. Though treatment is essentially same.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor