Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Second opinion] I'm on the birth control jolessa, In august

Second opinion] I'm on the birth control jolessa , In august I was in antibiotics for a sinus infection. My husband and I did have unprotected sex during that time. My period was suppose to come two weeks ago but it still hasn't came. I have gained weight, my nipples are tender and sore, and I have had several spells of being nauseous. I took a home pregnancy test and it said negative then I went and got blood drawn and my hcg level was < 5. The lab ppl said that meant it was negative but I'm confused about why I'm having these symptoms. Also I was spotting very lightly on and on around the time my period was suppose to come. What is going on? When I was pregnant with my daughter, my period did that but the home tests said positive...help please
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Meaning?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have mdd (major depressive disorder) and I take antidepressants and I have high blood pressure but that's it

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Antibiotics and stress of infection on body itself can cause hormonal imbalance thus delaying or disturbing menstrual cycle. So considering all pregnancy tests negative it is most likely hormone related. Just wait and watch for next month to see if you get your period on time.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.