OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm on the birth control jolessa, In august I was in

I'm on the birth...

I'm on the birth control jolessa , In august I was in antibiotics for a sinus infection. My husband and I did have unprotected sex during that time. My period was suppose to come two weeks ago but it still hasn't came. I have gained weight, my nipples are tender and sore, and I have had several spells of being nauseous. I took a home pregnancy test and it said negative then I went and got blood drawn and my hcg level was < 5. The lab ppl said that meant it was negative but I'm confused about why I'm having these symptoms. Also I was spotting very lightly on and on around the time my period was suppose to come. What is going on? When I was pregnant with my daughter, my period did that but the home tests said positive...help please

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Meaning?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have mdd (major depressive disorder) and I take antidepressants and I have high blood pressure but that's it

9/15/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
How many weeks would you be? 2?
I'm not quite sure. With this birth control, I get a period every 3 months. My last period started on June 26.
You could still be positive
what should I do?
I have an appointment on Monday put its not for that.
Sorry my internet was down. I would wait and test again. That's all you can do. Is this helpful?
no. What could be wrong
It could be hormonal. Like your thyroid or female hormones. Also prolactin should be tested. These growths in the brain can do it.
Ok thanks

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor