OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Im having some vinegar smelling vaginal discharge & itchy

vulva JA: How long have you...
Im having some vinegar smelling vaginal discharge & itchy vulva
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It's pretty recent the beginning of this week soap seems to irritate it the most
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had 2 stds in the past the last one was years ago but it was pid
9/14/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having vinegar smelling vaginal discharge & itchy vulva is most likely due to yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

For confirmation,you can take a home test:

http://www.monistat.com/vaginal-health-products/complete-care/vaginal-health-test

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox) will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit & prescription medications are less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Ok thank you so much

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor