OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am currently 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant. at 16 weeks a…

Customer Question
I am currently 24...

I am currently 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant. at 16 weeks a SCH was observed and I was given progesterone suppositories and bed rest. At 20 weeks appointment SCH was resolved but funneling was observed. I was directed to go directly to hospital. I spent 1 week there on bedrest and on 21 week TVUS funneling had resolved. At 23 weeks ultrasound my cervics measured 3.2 cm. my EDD is 2nd January 2018. I am currently on bed rest and progesterone suppositories until baby comes. what are my odds of carrying to full term taking all of this into consideration?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have genital herpes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

very unlikely that you will carry to full term

The good news is that you are already very close to a viable gestational age

If you can make it to 33 weeks, the baby will be totally fine and unlikely have any health issues

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Should I schedule a c-section because of the herpes?

Yes, you should

The earliest that a c-section can be scheduled in light of what u told me would be 33 weeks?
Does the bed rest and progesterone suppositories work in helping me get to full term?

Yes, it does help. A lot

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor