OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been in what I'm pretty sure is menopause for a little…

Customer Question
Hi I've been in...

Hi I've been in what I'm pretty sure is menopause for a little over a year with no period with all the side effects including hot flashes very little sleep but almost 3 full weeks now I have had a very heavy period with a lot of cramping and a very heavy flow that doesn't seem to be stopping and is taking quite a toll on me I'm very tired and grumpy any answers by chance

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I am alot of cramping and it's been over a year since I've had one I'm 51 years it just worries me because no signs it was coming on and very heavy and clotty

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Are you saying, that you didn't had any period for last 1 year and all of a sudden heavy bleeding?

Age?

Do you have heavy bleeding since last 3 weeks?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying online. I am posting my answer below-

It is is not normal to have sudden heavy bleeding after one year of absence of periods. This should be further evaluated by your Gynecologist.

Possible reasons for such bleeding are-

-Hormone problems,

-Atrophy of the vagina,

-Polyps (small growths) in the uterus or on the cervix,

-Hyperplasia (enlarged cells) of the lining of the uterus,

-Ovarian tumor.

You will be requiring pelvic examination, hormone blood tests along with a vaginal ultrasound scan for evaluation of cause.

If this is related with cervical polyps, then you may need to have them removed. For hormone imbalance you would be prescribed with oral medications and injections.

The line of treatment would be advised according to the cause.

Please see your Gynecologist and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh