OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

They found a separated hypoechoic lesion on my right ovary…

They found a separated hypoechoic...
They found a separated hypoechoic lesion on my right ovary today that they said is adound 2cm. I have been having severe abdominal pain as well as pain in my right arm. Could this all be related?
9/13/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

yes, it could be

it is probably a benign cyst but could be causing pain

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I have had ovarian cysts for the last 4 years off and on. I have tried many treatments would having my ovaries removed fix this issue?

yes, it would

Being 32 years old would the risks of having my ovaries removed be worth it?

you would need to go on hormones

it is certainly a big step

and you better be sure the pain is from the ovaries before you did that

Would the 3cm cyst be causing the pain. I had an ultrasound done that found that as well as smaller cysts on the left side. I also had a Ct scan done that looked clear otherwise

yes it could be

I would have the 3 cm cyst removed and see if that helps

not the whole ovary

Would the cyst grow back though? I did have my uterus removed due to endometriosis and cysts removed two years ago

Not likely it would grow back

Along with the right arm pain I also have right jaw pain and upper neck pain. Could any of this be related? Could it be hormone imbalance?

I doubt that is related

that sounds more like a pinched nerve in the neck

You don't think it would be ovarian cancer metastasised do you?

no way

Thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star service for all customers.If you have more questions, just reply. :)
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor