OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Well I got my period at it regular time last month I had sex…

Customer Question
Well I got my...

Well I got my period at it regular time last month I had sex the day it started and ended and then spotted brown for five days and then got a very heavy period after and then I got a light period on time with my usual ones. I am on the pill and take it within a few hours and I've been on the same one for two years and this has never happened. Is It likely I am pregnant or just a different issue in it's self.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes for the most part

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you mean you are taking birth control pills since last 2 years?

And you had sex on the 1st day of your period & last day of your period?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There is very slim chance (almost nil chance) of pregnancy here.

A female is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.Having sex during periods cannot result in pregnancy as there is no mature ovum.

A brown discharge is usually a blood discharge.Brown vaginal discharge usually occurs when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle. If the bleeding is quite slight then it takes longer to reach the outside world and turns from red or black to brown in the process.

So bot***** *****ne is that there is no chance of pregnancy here. You need to wait & watch for your next period.

Nothing to worry here or of concern.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Okay well that's good. I got my first period a month ago on time and then five days after it ended I had a new period way heavier than my normal and I got my period on time for this month but it was only three days an about lighter. If it's not pregnancy than what might that be?
I've been on the pill for two years and I had sex the day my period started and ended

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you had first period a month ago on time and then five days after it ended, you got another period that was heavier.

This month your period is on time bit it was only three days an lighter.

There is nothing to worry.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress or anxiety can be the probable cause.You need to wait & watch for next 2-3 cycles & usually this will become normal.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how are your periods now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I get my period in like 3 weeks so I'm not sure yet if it's going to return to normal

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Okay.

As you have your period in like 3 weeks,there is nothing to worry.

Stress or anxiety can be the probable cause.

You need to wait & watch for next 2-3 cycles & usually this will become normal.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Not at this current moment

Dear customer

Thank you for using just answer website.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box.

However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Your rating for my answer is still pending.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dear customerYour rating for my answer is still pending.