OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a supracervical hysterectomy almost 4 years ago and…

Customer Question
I had a supracervical...

I had a supracervical hysterectomy almost 4 years ago and for the 3 months have started having periods again with cramping. Ultrasound performed and found another possible fibroid growing on my cervix. CT performed and found left ovarian 3cm cyst also a 2cm and 1.5cm cysts on the right ovary with calcification. Scheduled for cryosurgery for the possible fibroid. However, I'm concerned with the multiple cysts with calcification and the irregular bleeding.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/12/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. you Do not note how old you are and whether you are in menopause. Cysts of this size are normal if you are not yet in menopause. Supracervial hysterectomy leaves the cervix behind and can leave some endometrial tissue. (Uterine lining) so there may be periodic bleeding. After 4 years its not normal. Hopefully you have also had a biopsy. good luck
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD