DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

Is it possible to still have a healthy pregnancy if I

Customer Question

Hello, Is it possible to still have a healthy pregnancy if I ovulated 3 weeks after my last menstrual period? I went in for what I thought was my 8-week ultrasound, but the pregnancy only measured 6 weeks.Is this normal? My last period was July 12, I ovulated around Aug 2 and just barely tested positive on a pregnancy blood test on August 10.I am going this Friday for what I hope is my 7-week ultra sound, but am worried this is not normal.Please advise. This is my first pregnancy, and first time trying.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last Thursday 9/7 I measured 6 weeks.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Yes, this is totally normal.

The timing and reading of the ultrasound can be off a bit

I wouldn't be worried

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would you mind elaborating some? Why did I think I was 8 weeks, and it only measured 6?What symptoms should I be feeling for week 6? I was in and out of queasiness a few days ago, and yesterday was feeling lightheaded after going from sitting to standing.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Because either the date of the ultrasound or the exact date of conception is off or the fetus is measuring a bit small.

Any of those are possible

your symptoms are consistent with early pregnancy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about feeling faint?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

that is common too