OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it possible to still have a healthy pregnancy if I

Customer Question
Hello, Is it possible to...
Hello, Is it possible to still have a healthy pregnancy if I ovulated 3 weeks after my last menstrual period? I went in for what I thought was my 8-week ultrasound, but the pregnancy only measured 6 weeks.Is this normal? My last period was July 12, I ovulated around Aug 2 and just barely tested positive on a pregnancy blood test on August 10.I am going this Friday for what I hope is my 7-week ultra sound, but am worried this is not normal.Please advise. This is my first pregnancy, and first time trying.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Last Thursday 9/7 I measured 6 weeks.
9/12/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, this is totally normal.

The timing and reading of the ultrasound can be off a bit

I wouldn't be worried

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Would you mind elaborating some? Why did I think I was 8 weeks, and it only measured 6?What symptoms should I be feeling for week 6? I was in and out of queasiness a few days ago, and yesterday was feeling lightheaded after going from sitting to standing.

Because either the date of the ultrasound or the exact date of conception is off or the fetus is measuring a bit small.

Any of those are possible

your symptoms are consistent with early pregnancy

What about feeling faint?

that is common too

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor