Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

My vagina leaks a lot and I don't what to do, The past two

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: So my vagina leaks a lot and I don't what to do
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: The past two months . I been depressed and stressed lately
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What should I do I'm worried
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

My only concern would be if there is also a strong odor that's different, sometimes that can indicate an infection. Otherwise it's normal to have a lot of discharge from the vagina. Are you worried it might be an STD at all?

As for the discharge, how long has it been going on for?

The depression couldn't be related but I'm happy to talk about that as well. Have you been taking medications for it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a strong Odor smell. I never really thought about STD . It's been going on the past two months. No medication
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

It most likely is bacterial vaginosis. It could be trichomonas which is an STD. BV isn't an STD and is very common. It's a greyish something frothy discharge that can sometimes have an amine odor - similar to fishy smell. It will usually go away on its own but can be treated with metronidazole.

Trichomonas is a very, very strong odor. It's an STD and it will create a yellowish/greenish discharge and it will need to be treated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should I go see a doctor ?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

If you feel like it hasn't gotten any better in the past 2 months or that it's getting worse then yes go see someone.

Alternatively if it doesn't match the trichomonas description then I would wait until your next period and if it doesn't resolve with the next period then make an appointment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has gotten a lot better it doesn't smell as bad no more . But should I buy metronidazole antibiotics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it something by mouth or it's a cream
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Metronidazole is by mouth and you would need a prescription in most places for it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that going to help or should I get something else
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What should I do ?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.
I'll repeat my previous suggestions to serve as a summary here. As to answer you what you should do: out can wait a little longer to see if symptoms go away. Or you can go in to get tested. You can't just take a medication without knowing what disease you are treating so I can't recommend a particular medication.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay ��That's fine
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.
Hopefully the test results will be perfectly normal and the discharge will resolve completely on its own.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should wait after my period and then see if I need to go in or not
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.
I think that would be the best idea.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.
Maybe check in with me after your next period and I can point you in the right direction. I'm fairly certain that it will be all but gone by then.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.
Great. I'll chat with you again soon then.