OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Me and my girl had unprotected penetration(just few stroke…

Hi, me and my girl...
Hi, me and my girl had unprotected penetration(just few stroke didn't really hv sex) on 6/9 . Took postinor2 few hours after just as precaution.
Her expected menstruation is today 10/9. She haven't menstruate but been getting spotting since 8-9th Sept. May I know if the posting 2 works? We are mad worried
I might also have some precum. That made me worried too. Hoping to hear good recommendation from u
9/10/2017
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

It is most likely that she is having her period which has become a bit irregular which is commonly seen after taking postinor.

This is very common after taking postinor because it can disturb hormonal levels making menses irregular.

This can also be simply due to stress altering her hormones and disturbing her periods.

You should not be worried at all.

To put your mind at ease have a urinary pregnancy test in the morning to confirm this.

I sincerely ***** ***** helps.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

When should I take the pregnancy test?

In the morning.

Urine is most concentrated in the morning and urinary tests are very accurate.

Please do not forget to rate this consultation positively with 5 stars.We are only credited for our consultation after your positive ratings.You are not charged for giving a positive rating and you can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

Is this the right time to take urine pregnancy test since she's been getting like a spotting/light vaginal bleeding that look like clot. She didn't get it today yet though.

Yes as this is the day of her expected period she can take a urinary pregnancy test.And it is ideally repeated to make sure that there is no pregnancy.

Postinor is very effective in preventing pregnancies.

What I mean by right time to do urine test is,we just had the penetratio this week on 6th. Don't we have to wait some more before using the test?
When can She stop doing the urine test?

It depends on the device you are using for detecting Beta HCG.

The early urine ept HPT pregnancy test result is usually positive within 10-12 days after ovulation which is about 3-4 days after implantation

You can wait for a few days for her period if she gets period like bleeding then it means she is not pregnant

As today is her expected bleeding day so this spotting is most likely her period which has become irregular due to postinor

You can carry out most pregnancy tests from the first day of a missed period.

If you don't know when your next period is due, do the test at least 21 days after you last had unprotected sex.

Some very sensitive pregnancy tests can be used even before you miss a period, from as early as eight days after conception.

Thank you doctor. I think My girl wanted to ask some more later. She's busy at the moment. I will give u the ratings later on yeah. :)

You are welcome.

You and she can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

I'm here to consult you until you satisfy.

medicaldoctor
Hi Doctor.
So long story short. My girl managed to get her period on time(10/9). She said its menstruation bleed not just spotting.but she is still a little paranoid now iff there is any chances that she might still get pregnant after her menstruation. We havent done pregnancy urine test yet. What do you think doctor?