Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I missed two birth control pills and now I'm bleeding

Customer Question

Hi, I missed two birth control pills and now I'm bleeding (period). My last cycle was 10 days ago. Should I just consider this bleeding placebo days, let this "mini period" take its course and restart a new package once the week is done or take a new package right away even I feel I'm bleeding?Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

yes, you can do that and restart a new pack of birth control pills once your bleeding stops.

if the bleeding stops in 1-2 days, I would continue with your current birth control pills.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
basically now my body is "thinking" that it's period time right?
Because I forgot to take my bc pill for more than 48 hrs
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

by missing your pills, your hormones could be irregular and you could have an irregular period now 10 days after your last period

let your period finish up and then start back up your birth control pills and keep taking them

I bet your periods will be more regular if you don't miss your pills

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The thing is, as on my Bc box, was written that in case of missing pill I should have double up, so this morning I took two but still my period came. So what should I do?
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

I would wait until your period is over and start a new packet of birth control pills.

Expert:  Dr David replied 1 month ago.

do you have other questions?