Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I noticed a dark bubble on labia I popped it and now a lot

Customer Question

I noticed a dark brown bubble on labia I popped it and now a lot of blood is coming out and I can't get it to stop.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Great
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I get it to stop bleeding
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you just tell me how to get it to stop bleeding
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I noticed a little brown bubble on my labia and I popped it and now it won't stop bleeding. How do I get it to stop bleeding?
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

I see that you have requested a new expert.

First off, keep firm pressure on the bleeding area with a clean bandage for atleast 20-30 minutes. Keep it pressed firmly and in most cases that would stop the bleeding. If pressure on the area does not stop the bleeding then it means that this is a small vessel which is bleeding for which you would need to visit the urgent care center or the ER where they can control the bleeding. But firm pressure is the answer here.

Have you tried this? And for 20-30 mins?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What could it possibly be I noticed a little flesh colored bubble and I popped it and I just started bleeding and it won't stop bleeding. So applying pressure for 20 to 30 minutes should create a clot that it won't start bleeding after I get dressed?

Yes it should, actually it is possible that there is a small vessel underneath the small blister which started to bleed, pressure should create a clot which stays in place and prevents further bl;eeding. if it doesnt then this is a large vessel which needs control with a stitch.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.