OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 15 weeks and her mucus has slowed and her…

Customer Question
My daughter is 15 weeks...
My daughter is 15 weeks and her mucus has slowed and her blue veins have lightened, should we check baby?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/9/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I would like to ask a few more questions:

1. Is she running a fever?
  2. Is she more fussy?
  3. Is she feeding normally?
  4. Is she having a normal number of wet diapers?
15 weeks pregnant, 24 years old, first pregnancy, thought the blue veins stay till after birth so worried

ok. as long as she is acting normal and no fever and feeding normally, I would not be concerned.

The skin in newborns is very thin, so the veins are more visible. As they grow and begin to develop some body fat below the skin, the veins will be less obvious

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

We don't have a newborn, my daughter is 15 weeks pregnant and the mucus slowed and the blue veins lightened

sorry, misread the original question, thought that you were talking about a 15 week old infant. So you mean the vaginal mucous correct?

The blue veins don't have to be present during the entire pregnancy. They are often present in the early part due to hormonal changes.

So as long as no cramping, pelvic pain or vaginal bleeding, there would be nothing to worry about if the veins are less visible now

Does that answer your question about your daughter?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD