OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have small red/ purple dots on my vulva. One is a reside…

Customer Question
I have small red/...

I have small red/ purple dots on my vulva. One is a reside dark spot

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Just discovered them last nigh and not causing any symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had breast cancer. Had a mastectomy and starting chemo next Friday

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/9/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the area here which can give me a better idea.

No
They are not causing any symptoms or problems
Anyone there

I will opt out so another expert can help you, please wait until another expert contacts you.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.There are two possibilities possible ,one is that of Angiokeratoma.THese are harmless ,surface vascular markings which may arise sporadically,may be single or multiple upto a 100 lesions on the vulva.Nothing needs to be done ,they may bleed if rubbed hard.

The other possibility is of Lichen Planus which are usually harmless.

It is actually very difficult to comment in detail without examining you .You will need to rule out Genital warts,herpes and folliculitis.