OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 18 years old, female. i got this bump on my vagina. it's…

Customer Question
i'm 18 years old, female...
i'm 18 years old, female. i got this bump on my vagina. it's big, looks like it's filled with pus, white and yellowish.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 9 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Most likely it's a bartholin's gland infection.

Usually it's nothing serious and very easily managed.

I would recommend going into the doctor's office and they will numb it up completely so there is no pain and make a tiny little incision to drain the pus. They will also send it for a culture and give you antibiotics.
with these things we always want to make sure it's not an STD such as either gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If you don't have further questions, please click on "Rating".