Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My question is I had sex with my boyfriend begening of the

Customer Question

Hi my question is I had sex with my boyfriend begening of the month while after my period and the other one had pull out I'm so confused
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Not really
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: But which one you think might be the father
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Could you give the exact dates of your period and each of the sexual encounters?

Have you seen a doctor yet about the pregnancy? If so, what is the due date?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not yet my period was end in august6 but I had sex august 8 and the 14 to but the other guy was august 24 but he had pull out

What was the first day of the period that ended on August 6th?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The dates of intercourse are too close together to be able to determine the father by the date of intercourse. Estimating the date of ovulation is based on the first date of the most recent period, not the day that it ends, but you likely ovulated at a time that either date of intercourse could yield a pregnancy. The sperm from the encounter on the 8th could survive in the female genital tract for up to 5 days, so could survive until the 13th.

Since the second man pulled out, then it is less likely that he is the father, but it cannot be said with certainty, for two reasons. First, some men do not pull out as quickly as intended when in the throes of passion. Second, even if withdrawal was performed perfectly, there is a possibility of pregnancy from sperm in the pre-ejaculate fluid. The likelihood of pregnancy from pre-ejaculate fluid is much less than from ejaculate fluid, so if you feel certain that he pulled out in plenty of time, it is much more likely that the man with whom you had sex on the 8th is the father.

However, if you want certainty of the father, then you would need to get paternity testing.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

You have posted a reply as a new question rather than replying in this thread.

If the positive pregnancy test was three days after the sex with the second man, then the second man could not be the father. It would take longer for the test to be positive after a sexual encounter. So, the timing of the pregnancy test would exclude the possibility that the second man could be the father.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Meaning that the first could be father most likely right

It is more than most likely. If this one time was the only time that you had sex with the second man, and the pregnancy test was positive three days later, then the first man definitely would be the father.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?